- Head of Plant Breeding of Puregene AG
Before joining Puregene as Head Breeder, Maximilian Vogt was a PhD student at the ETH in Zurich (2017-2020).
Previous education and positions:
- PhD student ETH Zurich: PlantHUB Doctoral Program
PlantHUB is an European Industrial Doctoral Programme (EID) funded by the H2020 PROGRAMME Marie Curie Actions – People, Initial Training Networks (H2020-MSCA-ITN-2016).
- In cooperation with Deutsche Saatveredelung and Norddeutsche Pflanzenzucht he developed molecular markers to boost the hybrid breeding system in perennial ryegrass.
- Master Student (Crop Siences): Leibniz Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research (IPK)
In the group ‘Chromosome Structure and Function’ (Institute of Plant Breeding) Maximilian worked on a breeding system of two different species black eyed peas (Vigna unguiculata) and sorghum (Sorghum bicolor). This work was part of the ‘Capturing Heterosis’ project funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, aiming to accelerate breeding of these Sub-Saharan Africa staples.
- Bachelor Student (Agricultural Science): Martin-Luther Universität Halle-Wittenberg
In the groups ´Plantbreeding´ Maximilian worked on the development of a molecular marker to identify and select against ´speltoid´ off-types in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.)