- Scientific Associate Analytics
Janine has held this position at Puregene since October 2021, and her role includes:
- Preparation of plant samples for biochemical / instrumental analysis
- Cannabinoid analysis using UHPLC, terpene analysis by GC-FID
- Implementation, evaluation and reporting of instrumental analysis (research, quality control)
- Development and refinement of standard protocols
- Support of the analytical and laboratory management as well as the overall organization
Janine did her Bachelor of Science in Life Sciences Chemistry at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Northwestern Switzerland (FHNW) with the specialization in analytical chemistry. She conducted her Bachelor Thesis at Idorsia Pharmaceuticals in 2021 within Analytical Technologies and Preclinical Support. The Thesis involved analyses of pharmaceuticals with High Resolution UHPLC-MS (Orbitrap), method development, optimization, and validation. She also gained valuable experience in many different analytical methods (LC-MS, HPLC, GC, CZE, NMR, IR etc.) during her Apprenticeship as a Laboratory Technician EFZ Chemistry at Novartis. During her specialized baccalaureate (Fachmaturität) she monitored radioactive fallout using mosses as bioindicator plants and performed gamma as well as beta spectrometric analyses within the Cantonal Laboratory Basel-City.