Dr. Daniel Carrera
- Head of Genomics Research of Puregene AG
Dr. Daniel Carrera is the Head of Genomics Research at Puregene AG. Previously, he conducted research at the prestigious ETH, Zürich where he completed his PhD in Plant Biochemistry. Following this, he worked at the Global Crop Protection division of BASF, Germany.
At Puregene he leads the laboratory unit of the Trait Discovery division. As an experienced molecular biologist and biochemist, he focuses primarily on identifying novel cannabinoid and resistance traits and the associated genetic regions, allowing them to be integrated into the elite varieties developed at Puregene AG.
To achieve these outcomes, Daniel works closely with the analytical scientists, chemists and breeders, to advance the field of cannabis secondary metabolism.
MSc in Plant biology in the University of ELTE (Budapest, Hungary), finished in 2013
- 2013-2017: PhD in Plant Biochemistry at the ETH
- 2018: short PostDoc in Molecular Plant Breeding at the ETH
- 2018-2019: Research Scientist in herbicide research at the Global Crop Protection of BASF
- 2019-: Research Scientist/Head of Genomics Research at Puregene